Corvian Community School
69,900 SQ FT
Barringer Construction provided full preconstruction and construction management services for this ground-up, 2-story, 500-student community charter school in Charlotte, North Carolina. The 16-classroom high school represents a new model for learning, with unique amenities including a black box theatre, innovation lab/maker space, art studio with kiln, open concept learning seminar spaces, amphitheater-style grand stair, collaborative media space, and open ceilings throughout.
The science wing includes 2,000 SQ FT of lab space for chemistry and biology with a prep room between them. Specialty lab equipment includes:
• Mobile acid storage cabinets
• Phenolic resin pegboards for drying test tubes, beakers, etc.
• Fume hood located in the Chemistry lab
• Laboratory faucets and refrigerators
• Greenlaw arm assemblies at all work stations
• Acid neutralization cartridges at all sinks in the science labs.
• Emergency recessed safety stations
• Electric cord reels