The three key components of our safety plan are training, preplanning, and execution. These missions are the process that enables us to build a culture around safety that protects our customers, community and team. To manage the process, we employ a full-time in-house safety team. This team brings significant years of experience and is 100% dedicated to sending everyone home to their families safely each night.
Training is an essential part of our safety plan. Our in-house safety team takes a proactive approach early in the process to:
- Prequalify employees and trade partners
- Keep everyone up to date on the latest Federal, State and Local requirements
- Facilitate continuous improvement of emerging technologies
- Teach the Barringer Safety Culture goals and commitment to customer, community and team
Our in-house safety department works with the project team to develop detailed safety and logistics plans well in advance. We also take additional safety, health, and environmental measures including:
- Coordination with the entire project team internally and externally
- Designing our sites to eliminate exposure to workplace hazards
- Being a good steward of the community around us
- Paying close attention to environmental concerns
Once in the field, we remain a catalyst in pursuit of a safer, healthier and more environmentally conscious industry. Standard practices include:
- A safety committee with unmatched collective experience including Project Executive, Project Managers and Superintendents
- Mandatory weekly jobsite safety meetings, inspections and relevant demonstrations with all site partners.
- Making sure trade partners are participating in safety, health, and environmental best practices